Reviewing and Publishing Procedures
- Once the submitted manuscript is received, the author gets an email notification informing that the article in question entered the review process. Further communication and agreements will proceed via email.
- All articles submitted to Przegląd Socjologii Jakościowej enter a two-step unbiased review process – only the manuscripts accepted by the PSJ internal reviewers will enter a regular double blind review process. The editors will try to make a preliminary decision concerning the potential suitability of a manuscript for PSJ within a few days. Manuscript decisions are based on editorial discretion and/or input from the peer review process.
- Papers will be sent to editors unaffiliated with the author or institution and monitored carefully to ensure there is no peer review bias.
- Once the submitted manuscript is reviewed, the corresponding author is informed about the process’ outcome, and gets the Reviewers Report on the article in question. All data that may reveal the identity of reviewers is removed from the Report. If recommendations regarding the current version of a manuscript are included in the Report, the author(s) is/are required to improve the paper according to the reviewers’ suggestions.
- This journal does not charge submission fees.
- The publication proceeds once the manuscript is improved and accepted by the editors.
- Decisions concerning the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript submitted to Przegląd Socjologii Jakościowej are based on the following aspects of the paper:
- is the subject of the article adjusted to the profile of the Journal (e.g., does it refer to the qualitative analysis, does it pertain to interpretative sociology, etc.)?;
- does the article contribute any innovative or important ideas into the analyzed subject?;
- does it include indispensable and the latest publications in the references? Does it also include classic literature of the subject field?;
- does it have correct spelling and style, is it intelligible?;
- how can the article improve the Journal? Is it for example, elicit, controversial or important enough in any other way for social science to raise a discussion or inspire further research/considerations?
- The Journal strongly opposes the practice of ghostwriting and guest authorship. Therefore, the editors of Przegląd Socjologii Jakościowej inform that all discovered instances of scientific unreliability will be revealed. Each author should have participated sufficiently in the manuscript preparation. All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an acknowledgments section. Examples of those who might be acknowledged include individuals who provided purely technical and writing assistance, or a department chairperson who provided only a general support.
- The editors of Przegląd Socjologii Jakościowej reserve the right to correct minor stylistic and/or orthographic errors without consulting the author(s).